Thursday, July 28, 2011

EQ6 = New design = frustration !

I have been wanting a particular thing to hang above my kitchen window. I have a very specifc idea what I want - a sign/wallhanging of some sort with roosters, Rise & Shine, that kind of thing. I have looked everywhere and can't find anything even remotely close to what I want. So, finally I decided I'd just make it. I can do that, for heaven's sake, I can sew !

So I thought I'd use my Electric Quilt 6 design software (yes, the one that was pretty spendy and has been used so little that I have to re-read the manual every time),  Got myself comfy at the computer with all these ideas in my head and started "designing".  Project name: Rooster wallhanging for kitchen.

Must have spent a good 3 hours that night designing it. Then, a couple hours another night revising, coloring blocks, rearranging etc etc. The third night of my design saga suddenly found me deciding I wanted to make a quilt to hang in the space above the stairs as you come down from the 2nd floor to the first. You know, that tall unused space that no one likes to paint.  Husband even agreed a quilt would look great there. In so many words, he said "Go for it honey, that would look great there".   Hmmm.....I guess he isn't thinking about how HE is going to have to hang it.

So, off to EQ6 I go!!  Brought up my kitchen design and started revising. I can revise it since there weren't any roosters on it yet anyway.   3 hours later, for the most part, I have my design.   Went to eat some dinner, something quick (actually a bowl of cereal).....yes, I could eat cereal pretty much anytime.  So I'm standing there eating cereal looking at that space above the stairs. (yes, I was walking around while eating).  Thoughts now racing thru my head as I stare at that space......run to kitchen, put cereal down, grab tape measure form drawer, run to stairs. Measure width. OH NO. Stairs width is 39".   grrrrrrrrr....

My design measures 54" x54". Too big. Back to EQ6. Another couple hours later, I have got it done (the design).  Looked in manual to see how to re-name the project. Then the dog comes in and needs to go out and then a few more distractions and finally, I go back to my computer.

Now I don't like it. Grrrrrrr......I have most likely spent close to 12 hours  working on a design that in a blink of an eye, I decided I'm not going to use. Plus I basically designed over my rooster project.....So, back to square one on both.   Grrrrrrr...................I think I'll go do some laundry........

No comments:

Post a Comment